8.15.18 - You Can't Trust The Mornings

Sooo...today I was SUPER exhausted. Like out of my mind tired. I got a mini migraine in the middle of the day...but it went away. The past 2 days I have apparently not gotten enough sleep. Monday I spent all day after work in between 2 libraries. I actually go to 3 libraries in my vicinity, but the 1 was too far for me Monday. The plan was to only go to 1 library, but I wasn't satisfied with the non fiction section where I was at. And I have been trying to get my hands on the book "All The Missing Girls" by Megan Miranda for a minute now. They didn't have that where I was at either. However, my goal was to just run in & out. It was all good in the hood at the second library until I walked past this one table with a book that I had been eyeing at the new book section at Target. To add to that, it was a table full of thrillers (which I love), so I had to stop. As I'm reading through book summaries, I heard this tiny voice ask me if I wanted any recommendations. Next thing I know, I'm standing there having an hour long convo with this really cool girl about books. It was like when geeks unite. We were into the same kind of books, so we were sharing our thoughts on things. She works there so she signed me up for some books that she suggested I read. I told her about some books as well. She likes thrillers and twisted (remixed) fairytales like me. What are the odds? She runs a book group, so I decided to join because I was telling her that I needed a book club to join. It was so refreshing talking to someone who loves the same books me. I don't get to have those kinds of convos all of the time. It's usually just me telling my friends about something that I read. So, I figure that joining a book group would do me good. I can geek out once a month. :) I never like to tell people that I was an English major/Writing minor because I feel like my grammar sucks. :/ My mind was somewhere else in high school & English in college is mostly reading & writing a bunch of papers. I think I did try to sign up for a grammar class in college tho. Nevertheless, that AND the screenwriting class that I wanted to take were never available. Anyway, I kind of miss discussing books with a group. So, hopefully this group is fun. Needless to say, Monday went a little long because I had a few other errands to do. Yesterday, was a bit more chill. Nevertheless, I did have some customer service drama happen that pissed me off & stressed me out. Everything is fine, but I just wish people gave consistent information about stuff. The whole experience drained me, so I came home & passed out. And today I was a zombie (insert MJ's "Thriller").
My thought (or positive note) for today is just to say not to trust the mornings. I say this because there are times when I wake up & I can feel like a way. The day can feel like it will be kind of overcast (like in my soul). Then, somewhere along the way...the sun comes out (& my soul is happy). There are also days where everything seems happy & I'm naturally walking on sunshine. Out nowhere a downpour comes & it's like: "why"? I can remember this one day specifically putting on my fave Love & Sunshine scent from B&BW. It was to set the tone for the day. I was having a great morning. Unfortunately, a storm came & washed all my little sunshine away. The thing about downpours, storms, & moody mornings is that they don't have to last. I pray to have this culture of happiness around me & it really does work. I honestly can't stay down for long. Don't let a bad moment(s) (morning, noon, or night) last longer than it should. It's not to say that if you have a bad day(s) or week that you have failed. It's just about building up to a point where things happen around you, but can't truly get enough root to dwell in you...unless it's something positive. :) And the reason I used the mornings is because sometimes that is where we set the tone for our day. Idk. Just some thoughts. I have more, but this already went longer than I wanted. Until next time! :)

Love,

Autumn 💕✨✨

Comments

Popular Posts