9.2.18

I feel like in 2018 we have too many voices in our ears. We have too many images before our eyes. Life can be hard & you get stuck in spots where you are just so desperate to be free. I also feel like life is really good at making you think that you need to be in this or that situation. Even before social media, I was not always so fond of the voices. People will tell you to do this or that, but you are the one that is ultimately in control of how you chose to live your life.

I was talking with my friend yesterday & we were discussing whether we have been bamboozled by Christianity. This is one of the things that seems to be going around at times on social media. My answer is that I don't feel that way because I have seen for myself that God is real. Even tho I grew up in church, that is not why I follow God. To be honest, I really don't care for a lot of church people & my church attendance goes in spurts. I honestly haven't even been to church in months, but I talk to God just about every day. I read my Bible, but to be completely honest...I don't understand why some of the things that are in the Bible are there. However, the Bible provides me with healing & a better understanding of life. I do believe in it, there are just things I don't understand. Because if you look at all of these images you will think that life should never be difficult. You will think that you have all of this control. I'm not one of these people that think that life should always be hard if you are in Christ, but I also don't believe that it is always easy.

For the past year, almost every area of my life has felt uncomfortable. I have felt very tested & it has driven me to even become more recluse than normal (which kind of reminded me that I actually am a natural introvert). It can be really difficult to bear at times. Nevertheless, I would just rather be in a place where I feel like I am doing the right thing for my life. Sometimes, living your best life is not this laundry list of wonderful things. Sometimes, it is having peace that you are trying to trust in God beyond the bling, white sandy beaches, pretty clothes, having a spouse & a family, fancy foods, or anything else. Those things are nice, but I have always been a girl who wanted to try to be in the will of God. Sometimes, it's hard to keep the faith because it just feels like you go from one heartache to another. But at the end of the day, I honestly would rather just try to keep on keeping the faith...even if it does waver at times.

I have always kind of been a person that knows what I wanted out of life. I have tried different paths to get there. It's hard to feel like you are in a spot that is difficult, but because of my self awareness, I have to know that I can't listen to all of these "voices". God is the same yesterday, today, & tomorrow. I have to believe that he didn't put me in this life for my life just to be difficult all the time. Honestly, up until last year it was not as difficult as now. I just feel like at times like this you have to be really strong & stick to what you know. And I honestly am not the one to over spiritualize stuff. I just think that you have to try to listen to God & what brings you peace above all else.

Love,
Autumn 🤗💕✨

Comments

Popular Posts