Year End Review 🎉🎉🎉

Sooo...lately I've been thinking about what I want to take into 2018.   I feel like no matter how much some of us resolve not to make resolutions, there is still a certain magic & freshness that comes with a new year. All I really want to do is be better than last year. I think that it is important to take inventory of what worked & what was an epic fail. I'm always trying out new routines to go with wherever I am in life. This year, I realized that a writing spot is necessary for me. It's beneficial to go somewhere else to focus solely on the project at hand. Being at home can work too. I just feel like I can accomplish more at my writing spots. There are less distractions...& I can't fall asleep. 😂😂😂 I'm sorry, but if I try to write at home after work...the sandman will most likely come. Plus, it's a nice way to get out of my place for a bit. I think this is one of the biggest things that I want to take into the new year. I was at a point where I was literally working 7 days a week between my day job & working on my passions. It was a lot...but I was happy. I really want to get back to that level of grinding.
 I feel like this year I also realized how to "fight" my battles smarter. Everything is not for you to fight even if you feel attacked. There are ways to handle situations without depleting yourself. I would elaborate more, but that would be a whole other post & I think I might want to save this for the book. In any event, I will just say to choose your battles wisely. I want to continue to expound upon my tackling (I don't like to think of it as fighting) skills in this new year. It's so important to have a clear mind for when you are working on goals (& at all times). I find that to operate at a high level, you must find strategic & smart ways to combat negativity (at least for me). I know that some of us would like to avoid it forever, but that is not real life. The process can actually be really character building if you work at it. I also want to continue my running journey. I really thought I was done with running some time ago. This year, I went further than I could have imagined. I am doing the 10K training now. I am up for the challenge. I'm not gonna lie...it can be really hard some days. It's just this feeling that I get when I run. It's like "everything makes sense". 😂😂😂 Seriously tho...running does something for me...so I'm gonna keep working towards getting better at it. This full plate of responsibilities & goals is why I feel I must, must, must guard & protect my energy more in 2018. Plus, I just want to be happy & have fun.
Another thing I wanted to mention was being intentional & strategic. I thought I was already doing this, but I have found that there are more areas that I can actually be better at this. I am all about being organic, but sometimes you really do have to move a certain way to have better results. It's all about finding a balance in being true to yourself, but still trying to be wiser about how you carry yourself.
Lastly, I just want to say that I think 2018 may also be the year of surrender. I was thinking about how when I first left home to live at the main campus of my university, I was 20 years old. I started out college at a branch in my hometown. That was almost 18 years ago. I'm like: "I could have raised a full human in that time". 18 years seems like so long, but it honestly does not feel that long. What these years of a "full grown" journey has taught me is priceless. I have learned so much that I feel will help me as I continue on my path. But I think this journey has also made me just want to surrender my plans a bit. For the first time in my life, I just want to see what God wants to do. I feel like for so long it's been me with these plans asking for God's help. Now, I kinda just want God to tell me what's up. Some years ago, a lady I knew told me that Jeremiah 29:11 was my scripture. The scripture talks about how God knows the plans that he has for us. I just feel like some of my plans have fallen flat. I'm not giving up at all, I just have come to a point where I really want to see what God can throw my way. Of course, I'll be working. I truly feel that God put writing & now running in my spirit to work on. I believe in doing those things, I am building something. I just don't want to try to plan the end result too much because I truly don't know what it is. I'm kind exhausted in trying to figure it all out. Sometimes, you have to go through a bunch of paths & processes to figure out who you are & who you're not. I feel like these 18 years have raised me into the woman that I'm supposed to be. I'm not where I wanna be...but 2018 will find me continuing to work on it.

Love,

Autumn 💕💋✨

Comments

Popular Posts